This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Position is accountable for the 24x7 operation of the secondary hub sites, and all equipment located within each facility. The HUB Engineer is responsible for installation, maintenance and proper operation of all equipment located within the hub in accordance with company guidelines and local, state and federal regulations. The HUB Engineer is responsible for the supervision of contracted engineers involved in the installation and maintenance of the facility and associated equipment. It is a position requirement that the HUB Engineer reside within the plant to optimally fulfill job responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
* Performs or coordinates on-going and preventive maintenance, repair and installation of secondary hub sites 24 x 7 and monitors equipment performance to ensure proper functionality in compliance with manufacturer specifications and company specifications
* Ensures effective operation and proper maintenance of all hub-related and peripheral equipment including but not limited to generators, air conditioners, receivers, modulators, processors, optical transmitters, optical receivers, digital receivers, digital transmitters, encoding equipment, controllers, ad insertion, wiring, combining networks, fiber management, digital transport, EAS equipment, set-top controllers, character generators and all related PEG insertion/transmission equipment
* Maintains the integrity and security of hub facilities in compliance with company guidelines
* Coordinates and directs trouble-shooting activities with field personnel as necessary to provide expedient restoration of services and excellent customer service
* Assists with the set-up and activation of the optical path for all new /rebuilt/upgrade plant
* Directs the activities of outside contractors related to hub facilities
* Implements and coordinates relocation of hubs as required
* Directs, tracks and coordinates testing and inspecting of equipment for operational performance
* Implements preventive maintenance procedures, activities and tracking to ensure compliance with company standards
* Assists with budget and forecasting data
* All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High School Degree or GED and one-year certificate from college or technical school in telecommunications or related field equivalent combination of education and training.
* Three years of experience in Headend or Hub operations is required; must have the ability to read and understand engineering prints as they pertain to Hub facilities.
* Headend and Hub skill set preferred
* A working knowledge of TCP/IP networks is required
* Ability to maintain and exercise judgment to deploy contractors and physical resources
Word processing, Spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Database software
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* regularly required to talk and hear
* frequently required to sit, stand, bend at the knees and waist, and walk
* required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
* required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
* required to use close vision and be able to focus, ability to adjust focus and to see colors
* required to use hands and fingers to use tools and manipulate equipment
* required to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
* Must be able to meet the physical limit requirements of personal protective equipment, aerial lift equipment, ladders and/or gaffs that may be used in this position.
WOW! is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled