Fuel Economy Development Engineer (Entry Level)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Hyundai-Kia America Technical Center
Superior Township, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
The Fuel Economy Development Team in Hyundai-Kia America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an engineering center that focuses on improving fuel economy of Hyundai/Kia vehicles for North American market. The team s key roles and responsibilities are:
* Establish targets for future fuel economy characteristics through analysis of current and future Hyundai and Kia vehicles as well as competitive vehicles.
* Investigate new technologies, strategies, and methods to attain improved fuel economy in current and future Hyundai and Kia production vehicles while considering system costs, drivability, and performance impacts.
* Analyze competitive data sets and assess future trends in fuel economy related technologies.
* Lead activities for developing and integrating fuel economy related technologies (such as engine, torque converter & transmission, accessories, vehicle coastdown characteristics, as well as control logics and calibrations) to attain targeted vehicle fuel economy and to understand and document impacts/trade-offs to vehicle performance and drivability.
* Understand and coordinate activities with Product Planning, Certification and Regulation teams on impact of proposed fuel economy technologies.
We are looking for a talented and motivated engineer for identifying, developing, and integrating fuel economy technologies in our current and next generation Hyundai/Kia vehicles. This position is responsible for project success as part of a project team providing technical support to internal customers in the area of Powertrain/Vehicle Engineering. The ideal candidate would have many of the following experience and be able to significantly contribute in many of these areas:
* Run vehicle test on fuel economy, performance benchmarking, and analyze the test data using tools such as MATLAB/Simulink
* Coordinate and track preparation of development and test plans
* Create and present report and document of technical analysis, system trade- offs as well as business case for technologies.
* Develop new fuel economy technologies and strategies that enable short-term and long-term benefits for production vehicles
* Support engineering teams within HATCI and in Korea R&D Center to define and demonstrate fuel economy improvement concepts and technologies in vehicle applications through testing and simulation
* Knowledge of internal combustion engines, transmissions, and vehicles
* Experience with data acquisition and analysis tools such as ETAS/INCA
* Experience with model-based development tools such as MATLAB/Simulink
* Travel requirement for this position is up to 15 % of time domestic and international.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar related degree
* Valid Driver s License and satisfactory driving record
* Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai Kia must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
* HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.