Full Professor (Ladder Rank or Ladder/In-Residence)-Health Sciences Chief Academic Officer 9/9/2016
University of California - San Diego
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY FULL PROFESSOR (LADDER RANK OR LADDER/IN-RESIDENCE)-HEALTH SCIENCES CHIEF ACADEMIC OFFICER
* School of Medicine - VC-HEALTH SCIENCES
Open date: April 1st, 2016
Last review date: September 30th, 2016
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled. Final date: March 29th, 2017
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The UC San Diego Office of the Vice Chancellor for Health Sciences (VCHS) is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body. The Office of the VCHS is recruiting for a Chief Academic Officer (CAO) as the senior official responsible for providing leadership, vision, organization, motivation and evaluation to all professional schools, departments and divisions throughout UC San Diego Health Sciences including the School of Medicine (SOM), Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (SSPPS), academic partnerships and programs, and future educational endeavors. In addition, the CAO provides oversight and ensures consistency of all academic functions, processes, and policies in the Health Sciences. The CAO serves as an executive level administrator representing the educational and academic goals and interests of the Vice Chancellor for Health Sciences.
The CAO must possess a unique combination of skills and abilities to successfully manage a complex set of responsibilities in health sciences training, academic affairs, and faculty affairs.
* Doctorate or equivalent required
* Experience meeting regulatory and accreditation standards
* Experience establishing leading edge programs in higher education including academic medical centers which include research, education, clinical care and community service
* Preferred senior level administrative experience in a university environment, successfully partnering health sciences schools
* Experience in academic, education, and faculty affairs related policies and procedures in a Health Sciences environment preferred
* Medical licensure or eligibility for licensure in the State of California is preferred, if relevant
* Board certification in a medical specialty and clinically active in medical specialty is preferred, if relevant
* Ability to qualify for appointment as a salaried academic senate series faculty member at the rank of full professor
* Minimum of seven years senior leadership experience in academic medicine; ten years preferred
* Candidates with a demonstrated strong leadership or a commitment to support diversity, equity, and inclusion in an academic setting preferred.
Appointment at the Full Professor rank will include Ladder Rank or partial 50% Ladder Rank / 50% In Residence with full or partial state funding. For the tenured faculty position, candidates must be able to secure extramural funding to support research.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on University of California pay scales.
Review of applications will begin April 29, 2016 and continue until the position is filled.
Applications must be submitted through the Ap-Online Recruit website: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01062
* Cover letter
* Curriculum vitae
* 2 to 3 reference contacts
* A separate statement describing past experience in activities that promote diversity and inclusion and /or plans to make future contributions. For further information about contributions to diversity statements, see http://facultyequity.ucsd.edu/Faculty-Applicant-C2D-info.asp for further information
Please direct inquires (only) to Denise Marlin (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
AA-EOE: The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
San Diego, CA
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
2-3 references required (contact information only)