Full Stack Engineer, Applied Data Science & Forward Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/12/2017
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
For this role...
* We re looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join the Forward Engineering team within the Emerging Technologies & Data Science group here at SAS. Are you interested in an exciting, fast paced position to work with a small team to research, prototype and develop tools and solutions* Read on
In this position you will with work with other developers, data scientists and application system engineers to create internal and external software products using a mashup of existing and emerging tech. If you have experience with advanced analytics we ll put that to use. If not, this is an opportunity to learn from the best. We are looking for someone who enjoys working on creative problems, working with others and who is not limited by a one size fits all approach.
Do you qualify* You must have
* Bachelor s degree or higher in a quantitative field.
* Minimum of two years professional experience in a tech or start up environment.
* Most of all, we re looking for someone who s excited to perform the role described in detail above.
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
* In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how the pieces fit together - front end, back end, database, network layer, etc.
* Work both independently and cooperatively, taking initiative to learn and develop your skills.
* Work independently and take responsibility for a product or feature from concept to launch.
* Provide significant input into architectural decisions.
* Write maintainable code that s easy to read.
* Test the software you write for reliability and robustness.
* Peer review, and embrace criticism of your own code.
* Partner on projects and be a considerate collaborator when working with others.
* You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point.
* Ability to travel occasionally as the job requires
Preferences for this role include
* SAS programming experience
* Experience building websites and/or mobile apps.
* Experience creating and/or delivering clear, understandable APIs and documentation
* Interest in Real Time Systems dashboarding, search, etc.
* Understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem of tools
* Experience working on a distributed team
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn