Full Stack Engineer - (Costa Mesa, CA) 9/1/2016
Costa Mesa, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Full Stack Engineer (Costa Mesa, CA)
Our Full Stack Software Engineers are building state-of-the-art healthcare applications that will empower hundreds of thousands of doctors and administrators in the healthcare delivery process. You will be charged with design, development, and delivery of our population health management applications that power our standards-based user experience.
* Responsible for back-end (database to API) development of application product features using modern technologies like Node.js and Elasticsearch.
* Responsible for front-end (user interface) development of application product features using modern technology (e.g. Angular JS).
* Design, develop, and maintain web-scale services.
* Architect and optimize data models and data flow.
* Document your proposals, designs, and ultimately your code for others to understand.
* Incorporate your work into a larger product platform architecture.
* Work and communicate with a talented team in a highly agile environment.
* Participate in peer code reviews.
* Keep quality, patient safety, and privacy a top priority.
* Embrace opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge.
* Be energized at the prospect of working on software that improves people s lives.
* Be smart about choosing between fast and right.
* Minimum of four (4) years experience in Application Development in the Software Industry.
* Worked with enterprise databases like PostgreSQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
* Built and tested software using Jenkins or similar continuous integration systems.
* Developed a track record for building and shipping complex, enterprise software.
* Demanded well-structured code and testable software.
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
* Understand the entire technology stack, front-end to data tier.
* Healthcare Information Technology experience.
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.