Full Stack Software Engineer 8/16/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Underground Elephant is currently recruiting a full stack engineer to work on our software platforms.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
* Build large scale systems that handle millions of transactions daily.
* Collaborate with product owners and fellow engineers in the design and development of cloud native microservices.
* Translate complex business requirements into extensible, elegant solutions.
* Learn, grow, and have fun doing it!
WHAT YOU\'LL NEED:
* A SOLID understanding of OOP principles, REST APIs and PHP.
* Experience with distributed, large-scale systems.
* A strong ability to debug code quickly and efficiently.
* The ability to flesh out basic requirements to create thoughtful UIs.
* Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases, queuing and caching systems.
* A strong track record in building scalable Web services.
* An understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
* PHP frameworks Laravel and/or Symfony.
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2008, Underground Elephant is the nation's premier direct response marketing company, leveraging proprietary technology to help leading brands find great customers. Our innovative real-time solutions produce high-intent click traffic, cost-effective customer acquisition, and unrivaled performance metrics across multiple platforms. Because of our devotion to innovation and performance, we have become San Diego's largest ad agency and #3 largest Software as a Service (SaaS) company.
We've also ranked on the San Diego Business Journal's Fastest Growing Private Companies for the last three years--and topped the list in 2011. The company's CEO, Jason Kulpa is a 2-time winner of San Diego's Most Admired CEO award for his business leadership and commitment to company culture.
We offer growth opportunities, a comprehensive benefits package, and an array of employee perks, including:
The benefits you'd expect...
* Medical, dental & vision coverage
* 401k matching
* Life and disability insurance
* Paid Time Off
And so much more...
* Weekly donuts
* Monthly company lunches
* Frequent team-building activities such as downtown scavenger hunts
* Red Bull, coffee, and snacks
* Billiards and ping-pong
Underground Elephant is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Recruiters, please do not contact employer about this posting.