Full Time EMT - Akron/Canton, OH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 1/23/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAMR of Ohio currently has openings for Full-time Emergency Medical Technicians and seeks candidates with strong clinical skills who can deliver high quality and compassionate patient care in a professional and caring manner.
With a Career at AMR, YOU can make a difference!
Pay based on experience!
Outstanding comprehensive benefits package including: Medical Plan, Prescription Drug Coverage, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Employee Assistance Program, 401k WITH company match, and Generous Paid Time Off.
Qualified Candidates must have the following to apply:
* Valid Driver's License
* State of Ohio EMT Certification
Interested external applicants can go to www.amr.net, click on Careers and then Search Jobs in order to locate the position and apply. Internal candidates must only apply through the company internal portal via SuccessFactors
Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
* Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
* Continuously maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
* Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
* Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
* Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
* Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
* Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
* HS Diploma or equivalent
* Emergency Medical Technician training and certification as required by State or County to which assigned
* Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification for all EMT levels
* State Drivers License
* Driving record in compliance with AMR safety and driving record
* Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.