- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Full Time Faculty Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education (ACCE)
University of St Augustine for Health Sciences
Division of First Professional Studies
Institute of Physical Therapy DPT Program
Position Summary: This is a core faculty position with teaching, scholarship, advisement, and service responsibilities in addition to the administration of clinical education for the campus DPT program. The ACCE is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the clinical education portion of the DPT curriculum. This is a faculty position with teaching, scholarship, advisement, and service responsibilities in addition to administration of clinical education. This position requires significant contact with students, outside constituents, professional consortiums, and ACCE faculty at the other USAHS campuses. Virtual and weekend on-campus interaction with students is required.
ESSENTIAL TASKS/RESPONSIBILITIES SUPERVISED BY THE PROGRAM DIRECTOR:
1. Course management
* Prepare and deliver course instruction as assigned
* Maintain environment conducive to learning and facilitate student participation
* Assess student performance, monitor student progress, and provide timely feedback
* Interact with program faculty at all campuses regarding clinical education curriculum
* Advise entry-level students with both academic and/or professional behavior issues.
* Set and implement scholarship plan as prescribed by accreditation standards
* Serve on programmatic and university committees as assigned
* Serve as university liaison in community and/or professional activities
5. Clinical Education Program Planning, Implementation, and Assessment
* Developing students as clinicians in all domains of professional clinical practice; appropriately assess student learning and performance
* Coordinate/participate in the development of clinical education faculty
* Analyze the clinical education program academic outcomes for compliance to accreditation standards
* Advance the vision of the profession and delivers new ideas with a forward-looking perspective of clinical education
* Appropriately communicate to faculty and program directors
Essential Tasks/Responsibilities supervised by the Clinical Education Department Head:
1. Communicate between the Academic Institution and Affiliated Clinical Education Sites
* Communicate with all concerned stakeholders to maintain current knowledge of the educational program, the clinical education sites, and health care changes affecting clinical practice and education
* Communicate and oversee communication with Center Coordinators of Clinical Education (CCCEs), Clinical Instructors (CIs), and students to assess student performance. Provide guidance and support to problem solve and discuss pertinent issues with students, CIs, CCCEs
* Place, supervise and communicate with students while on clinical experiences.
* Evaluate each clinical education site through student feedback, on-site visits, and ongoing communications, and share this information with academic and clinical faculties
* Coordinate and plan clinical education with other campuses/programs and clinical education staff
* Attend Clinical Education Meetings and local consortium meetings
2. Clinical Site Development
* Maintain the procedures for clinical site selection, utilization, and assessment
* Maintain an adequate number of clinical education sites relative to quality, quantity and diversity of learning experiences to meet the educational needs of students, the philosophy and outcomes of the program, and CAPTE evaluative criteria
* Provide clinical education site development through ongoing evaluation and assessment of strengths and areas for development as approved by Program Directors
3. Clinical Faculty Development
* Collaborate with clinical faculty to promote, coordinate, plan, and provide clinical faculty development opportunities using effective instructional methodologies and technologies with approval of Program Directors
* Encourage clinical faculty to participate in local, statewide, and national forums
* Maintain knowledge of current trends in health care and its effect on clinical education and apprise clinical educators and faculty of any changing trends
* Mentor other academic faculty about their role and responsibilities related to clinical education
4. Work under the direction of the Clinical Education Department Head to support a collaborative environment in the clinical education office with behaviors such as
* Demonstrating mutual respect for each member of the team and the policies of the university
* Being attentive to staff job responsibilities and chain of command
* Participating in the planning and coordination of clinical education functions
* Communicating regularly and clearly with all members of the team
* Demonstrating a productive attitude toward improvement processes within the department
* Doctoral preparation and expertise beyond that obtained in an entry-level physical therapy program that represents knowledge and skills reflective of current practice; will consider a DPT.
* Salary and rank are commensurate with credentials and experience.
* Collegiate teaching experience preferred
* Experience as a CCCE and/or CI for physical therapy students
* Strong professional values with a minimum of 5 years clinical experience
* Current or eligible for Texas physical therapy license
* Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team setting
* Promotes professionalism by modeling such behaviors inside and outside
Faculty - Full time
Laureate Education, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers. EOE.