Full Time Interventional Radiology RN "NO Weekends, Holidays or On Call"
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Group Health Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONInterventional Radiology RN
This full-time Interventional Radiology staff nurse works at Central Medical Center on Capitol Hill in Seattle.
* Admission, recovery, and discharge of patients requiring procedures with sedation.
* Administer sedation and monitor patient (pediatric and adult), following conscious guidelines. Maintain adequate airway in sedated patients.
* Administer IV contrast and procedural medications.
* Handling departmental emergencies. Serve as departmental IV resource (pediatrics and adult) for peripheral and central line access.
* Providing patient and staff teaching. Ensure required documentation.
* Participating in Radiology QA monitoring.
* Minimum: Experience administering moderate sedation required. Four plus years recent clinical RN experience with adults and pediatrics, two plus years in PACU, ICU, CCU, or ER.
* Preferred: Interventional Radiology experience.
Minimum knowledge requirements:
* Ability to exercise independent professional judgment
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills Demonstrates an exceptional level of easily understood verbal communication on the phone
* Ability to collaborate with care team members
* Demonstrates care, courtesy and concern in all consumer and colleague interactions
* Provides culturally sensitive care including consideration for diverse cultures, ethnicity, language, community, background and healthcare beliefs
* Ability to educate and instruct patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care
* Intermediate computer and keyboarding skills
* Minimum: Nursing Degree from an accredited program.
* Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
Minimum certification requirements:
* Current unencumbered Washington State RN license
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Group Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
J2W code: NUR5E