$4000 SIGN ON BONUS! FT Paramedics - Akron/Canton, OH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 1/23/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 85854
$4000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR FULL-TIME PARAMEDICS
AMR of Ohio currently has openings for FT Paramedics and seeks candidates with strong clinical skills who can deliver high quality and compassionate patient care in a professional and caring manner.
With a Career at AMR, YOU can make a difference!
* Pay based on experience
* Longevity Bonsuses
* Outstanding comprehensive benefits package including: Medical Plan, Prescription Drug Coverage, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Employee Assistance Program, 401k WITH company match, and Generous Paid Time Off.
* Sign-On Bonuses for a limited time for FT Paramedics only!! *****
Must have the following certifications in order to apply:
* Valid Driver's License
* State of OH EMT-P cert
* ACLS cert
* CPR cert
Interested external applicants can go to www.amr.net, click on Careers and then Search Jobs in order to locate the position and apply. Internal candidates must only apply through the company internal portal via SuccessFactors
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
* Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
* Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
* Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
* Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
* Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
* Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit management as needed.
* Drive the ambulance and provide map reading support to minimize call response time.
* Continuously maintain all required certifications.
* Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
* Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
* Document activities with regard to patient care and billing completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.
* Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
* Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
* Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education preferred.
* Current state Paramedic License.
* Possess a valid State Driver's License.
* Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP, BTLS or PHTLS Provider Certification (where applicable or required by contract).
* Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy.
* Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired.
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.