Full Time Plant Engineering Mechanic
UPS is currently hiring for a Plant Engineering Maintenance Mechanic position. This position is responsible for a broad range of maintenance activities that are performed to keep a UPS package handling facility operating efficiently and effectively. The work is sometimes fast-paced and requires routine interaction with other hub employees.
Major work activities for this position include:
* Troubleshooting, adjusting, and replacing AC and DC electrical equipment such as batteries, control stations, fuses, motor starters, relays, switches, and timers.
* Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing mechanical components such as motors, reducers, drive chains, sprockets, sheaves, pulleys, rollers, conveyor belts, bearings, and transfer plates.
* Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing pneumatic equipment such as diverters, air compressors, lubricators, hoses, and coils.
* Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing and/or replacing hydraulic equipment such as hoses, fittings, cylinders, and pumps.
* Welding equipment such as hand rails, conveyor supports, package handling equipment, carts, and grading.
* Performing preventive maintenance inspections of plant equipment such as conveyors, bulk carts, and power industrial equipment.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity