Full-Time Security Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 2/4/2017
Hotel Nikko San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
Hotel Nikko San Francisco, voted a Best Place to Work by San Francisco Business Times, is a 4-Star, 4-Diamond, luxury property located just off Union Square in Downtown San Francisco, with 532 guest rooms and suites and 22,000 square feet of meeting and banquet room space. We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to join our Security Team as a Full Time Security Officer.
* Safeguard hotel assets, including employees and guests
* Provide exceptional employee and guest service at all times
* Address any individual found to be suspicious, uncooperative and/or in unauthorized areas
* Escort employees and guests as directed or requested
* Prepare detailed written reports
* Control and monitor the assigned post to minimize risk and ensure a safe and secure environment
* Manage calls, computers, surveillance, keys, badging and radio traffic in dispatch office
* Render basic first aid, CPR/AED as required
* Team with local law enforcement as required
* Any and all other job duties assigned
* At least one year of hotel/security experience. Military or law enforcement experience a plus.
* Very good written and oral communication skills required
* Exercise excellent judgement and problem solving ability
* Must be hospitality-driven individual and with a very positive, professional and friendly attitude
* Must be a team player
* Must have the ability to simultaneously manage several projects, and not be frustrated by changing priorities and unforeseen obstacles to achieving objectives
* Must be able to read, write and understand English fluently
* Must have the ability to speak distinctly and persuasively
* Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling employee and guest conflicts
* Must be able to work independently
* Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time (4 hours)
* Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the property and from floor to floor either by stairways, escalators and/or elevators
* Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs., and have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and kneel
* Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment
* Must be able to tolerate areas containing dust, loud noises, strong odors, cigarette smoke and bright lights
* Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues
* Must be available to work weekends, holidays and any assigned shift as needed; including day (6:30am 2:30pm), swing (2:30pm 10:30pm) or moonlight (10:30pm 6:30am)
* This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
We offer an excellent benefits package to include; medical, dental, vision, PTO, sick, holidays, discounted dry-cleaning. Friends and Family discounts at Nikko hotels and reciprocity rates at participating hotels.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Hotel Nikko San Francisco is an equal opportunity employer: M/F/D/V.