- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Full and Part Time Hospital Security Officer
FULL AND PART TIME HOSPITAL SECURITY OFFICER
Are you looking for a growing company with great benefits and future opportunities* Allied Universal, North America's leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program. We promote from within our company! You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal's many success stories.
If you're passionate about keeping people safe, have a great work ethic, and are dependable, then we want to talk to you.
We proudly support the Veterans Jobs Mission, a group of leading U.S. companies whose goal is to collectively hiring a total of one million military Veterans.
Allied Universal is currently looking for mature, experienced Security Officer - Hospital with outstanding flexibility in a hospital environment. This hospital offers the community a warm, comfortable, familial place of healing. This is your opportunity to provide exceptional hospital security and work in a beautiful location! Our Full Time security officers enjoy advancement opportunities, great salary and benefits including 401(k), a variety of medical, dental and vision options, training and development, and on-the-spot recognition programs. Apply today to work in this fast paced and exciting environment.
As a Security Officer - Hospital, you will provide unarmed, uniformed security, including, but not limited to, the following:
* Foot patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
* Report suspicious activities and persons
* Write detailed narrative reports; maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
* Respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance.
* Access control through an admittance process
* Screen visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite or bar their admittance to the site or facility
* Check for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, and unauthorized persons
* Working knowledge of computers
* Strong public relations skills
* Candidates must be neat in appearance and present a positive public image
* Previous experience providing private security in a healthcare setting is highly advantageous.
Qualified Hospital Security Officer applicants will meet the following criteria:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Must be at least age 18
* Must be able to obtain a valid GA Guard License (Training and certification will be provided)
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
This position is Full Time offering benefits including $9.50- $10.00 /hour pay + anniversary bonus + on the spot recognition program + medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and 401K.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for long term stable employment.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions:
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may required computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Southeast - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days