Functional Analyst 9/14/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Cartagenia provides a cloud-based software platform to help genetic labs and clinicians pinpoint and report on genetic defects that cause disease in patients. Our solution enables the automation of clinical annotation and streamlines reporting of structural and molecular variation. Cartagenia is a growing and exciting division of Agilent Technologies whose culture is entrepreneurial, professional, and rooted in teamwork and innovation
We are looking for an Functional Analyst to join us.
As a Functional Analyst, you will be part of the Product Management team that assesses our customers needs both internal and external and translates them into detailed functional specifications that fit the long-term product vision and the roadmap of Cartagenia s product suite and solution offering.
* Analyse the requirements for new or extended platform features as well as customer or project specific functionalities
* Write detailed functional specifications for new or extended product features implementing the requirements
* Interact with the Development team to provide additional development guidance and explanation where needed and perform early tests on developments
* Interact with the testing team to review and validate testing approaches for the features
* Edit or extend the product documentation with the new features or assist a Technical writer in doing so
* Actively explore ways of improving existing product features
* Participate in internal or customer specific project teams as representative of Product Management and help specify the requirements and align them with the product roadmap
* Assist the Product Manager in defining the long-term product roadmap
* Attend events such as conferences, seminars and exhibitions, giving product demonstrations and gathering user experiences and roadmap input
* Educational level: Master s degree
* You have an educational background in one of the following: software design and development and/or genetics and molecular biology
* Minimum of 2 to 5 years previous experience in a similar or relevant role
* strong analytical skills
* You are an attentive listener, a strong and concise communicator and can describe both a problem and a solution in clear terms
* good time management skills and able to work both independently and in a team
* excellent speaking and writing skills
* Training and development opportunities
* A commitment to work/life balance
* Total Compensation Package including medical and dental benefits, retirement programs and more
* A company with values around innovation and contribution, uncompromising integrity, trust, respect and teamwork, speed, focus, and accountability
* The diversity of cultural and individual perspectives held by our employees and their commitment to inclusion.