Functional Architect (Communities Practice)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
JOB TITLE: Functional Architect (Communities Practice)
LOCATION(S): San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Boston, North America - Remote
Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud-computing leader. Our social and mobile cloud technologies including our flagship sales and CRM applications help companies connect with customers, partners, and employees in entirely new ways. With more than 100,000 customers worldwide, we are proud to contribute to the success of companies of all sizes and industries, around the globe. If you're passionate about innovation, come help revolutionize how companies collaborate and communicate with customers.
We are looking for a highly effective Functional Architect to join the Community Cloud Practice. An individual filling this role will provide thought leadership and consultation throughout the life cycle of a Salesforce.com Community Cloud implementation. This key member of our team will plan and perform functional, technical and business analysis activities and guide the subsequent design and implementation of Community Cloud. The Functional Architect will have responsibility for supporting our largest and most strategic Solution Delivery opportunities, lending his/her expertise to the delivery of world class Community Cloud implementations and building the necessary and valuable relationships both internally and externally in order to become recognized as a world class Cloud Expert.
A successful Functional Architect has strong experience and enjoys developing technical solutions and working directly with clients to meet their business needs. An ideal candidate has a software and/or digital background, works independently, thrives in an entrepreneurial atmosphere, communicates tactfully, and is able to effectively design, test, and deploy Community Cloud solutions.
* Plans and performs analysis of business, functional and activities and/or functions and guides the subsequent design and implementation or improvement of existing community cloud implementations.
* Offers suggestions and recommendations during solution design and execution phase from a functional perspective to ensure business intent is understood by the project team.
* Serves as the bridge/translator between the business team and technical resources during development and implementation to ensure that requirements and dependencies are well understood.
* Manages and assists in the definition of content governance procedures and business requirements, functional designs, and work flows for creating, managing and implementing Community Cloud.
* Leads and support client engagements as required, effectively managing project scope, schedule, and resources.
* Assists engagement and project management in risk identification and mitigation planning.
* Leads business process redesign, roadmap planning, and identifying touch points through multi-cloud implementations.
* Develops strong client relationships by building trust, rapport and positive working relationships with key sponsors, stakeholders, and team members.
* Contributes to the business development process by participating in sales calls, assisting/leading proposal development efforts and delivering client presentations.
* Mentors and coaches team members by sharing perspective and knowledge of Community Cloud Practice initiatives and maintaining open dialogue with colleagues and clients.
* Contributes to the ongoing development of solution/program offering approaches, methodologies, techniques, and business development tools.
* Ability to travel up to 50%
* Comfortable taking all required salesforce certifications within a specified timeframe after position commences.
* Experience collaborating on a strategic technical delivery team.
* Client-focused attitude. A customer advocate.
* Knowledge of enterprise systems and how they relate to communities and social collaboration (HR, Partner, Customer).
* Proven ability to design and optimize business processes and to integrate business processes across disparate systems.
* Willingness to travel internationally.
* Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies.
* Excellent presentation and communication skills.
* Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
* Work experience with a professional consulting organization (e.g., Big 4 consulting) a plus.
* Experience with Salesforce.com Service Cloud or other SaaS based technologies.
* B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.