Functional Safety Engineer 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: FUNCTIONAL SAFETY ENGINEER
LOCATION: TORY MI
POSITION: FULLTIME/ PERMANENT
BATTERY SYSTEM SAFETY ENGINEER
Battery System Safety Engineer is responsible for ensuring that our battery systems our high voltage battery systems comply with ISO-26262 and related standards for safety. S/he will work very closely with internal and external engineering teams, customers, and suppliers to achieve that objective. The person is expected to have appropriate formal training, a strong analytical foundation and demonstrated capability to seek and secure relevant data and information from subject matter experts in cell characteristics, electronics, embedded software, and mechanical and thermal engineering. Direct experience with ISO 26262 is strongly desired; however, it is recognized that standard is relatively new. Therefore, demonstrated deep experience in failure mode analysis, fault-tree analysis, system diagnostics and system prognostics will be expected.
* Own and maintain battery system Technical Safety Concept and related documentation
* Review and assess customer requirements for relevant safety implications and feasibility
* Own and maintain safety-related fault analyses across electrical and electronics hardware and embedded software.
* Work closely with internal and external engineering teams, suppliers, and customer to ensure coordinated safety compliance from specifications to design to production.
* Lead system safety design reviews
* Maintain and enhance battery system design guide(s) to capture lessons learned and continuous improvement
* Deliver the System Safety Plans and Reports in a timely manner; that is, at the appropriate development gateways to ensure designs are implemented in time for validation and production.
* MS in System, Electrical, Automotive or Aerospace Engineering, but BS candidates will be considered if experience is commensurate with responsibilities.
* ISO-26262 working experience in qualifying systems with embedded HW and SW to ASCIL levels A, B and C
* Working knowledge of High Voltage systems and designs associated with safety and related risk mitigation.
* Experience in the design and testing of energy storage systems for use in vehicle applications Experience with simulation tools, in particular Matlab and Simulink
* Rigorous and extensive experience with FMEA and FTA at system and subsystem level for safety-critical systems.
* Demonstrated ability to work with customers, suppliers, and subject matter experts to launch highly robust systems on time.
* Dependable and execution oriented
* Ability to perform under pressure
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Collaborative, team oriented work style
* Thorough with documentation
* Ability to effectively report out on status of work to all levels of the organization