Functional Safety Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The PRA Group Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONFUNCTIONAL SAFETY SYSTEMS ENGINEER (BRAKE CONTROLS) - MI
Our client, a cutting edge developer of automotive safety systems, is looking for a Functional Safety Systems Engineer to join their growing brake-by-wire team. In this position, you'll be working on the development of functional safety concepts and performing the safety analysis for next-generation controls. This will include the identification of functional safety strategies for the system, the identification of the necessary redundancy, ASIL decomposition and distribution onto the system elements. In addition, you'll be doing safety analysis (FMEA and FTA) using computer aided tools will be needed to support the deriving and allocation of requirements onto the system elements. Following the functional safety concept engineering and analysis work, you'd progress down into the technical safety concept level where safety requirements and ASILs can be allocated to HW and/or SW.
This is a critical position at a company where you'll be allowed to make a significant impact on key programs going forward. They have a positive, supportive work environment and offer their people multiple paths for long-term career growth.
* BSEE and 4+ years of experience in electronic and/or embedded controls development (will consider non-automotive including aerospace, oil and gas, etc.).
* Some experience in functional safety, including working on item definitions, hazard analysis, and risk assesment.
* Experience in DFMEA, FTA (using a computer tool), software failure modes, and requirements management.
* Any knowledge of other industry standards (IEC 62380, Mil-std-1629, IEC 61025, etc.), especially ISO26262 is a plus.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Location: Southeast MI
Salary Range: $85,000-110,000/year, depending on experience
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: Subject to review
Keywords- BS, bachelor, "B.S.", Bachelors, electronic, controls, embedded, FMEA, "Failure mode and effects analysis", safety, "ISO26262", Automotive, "Fault tree analysis", FTA, IEC 62380, Mil-std-1629, IEC 61025