Functional Software Project Life Cycle Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONKey - LEAN SIX SIGMA AND AGILE CERTIFIED SCRUM MASTER (CSM) PRACTICES
Our client company, a technology firm, is opening up new Full-Time Permanent Consulting jobs for Consultant candidates with from 5 to 10years of functional custom software development experience and prior experience working in the top tier consulting industry such as for KPMG, Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers, IBM, Ernst & Young, etc.
These FUNCTIONAL SOFTWARE PROJECT LIFE CYCLE CONSULTANT roles are EXECUTIVE CAREER-TRACK, with fast growth potential, competitive salaries and GREAT incentive bonuses, extensive training and skills development!! Great benefits, little to no travel, based in Washington DC metro area, this job is for the functional software-development life cycle-savvy professional looking to build and grow a career in technology and consulting with clients.
Job is based in the Washington DC metro area. Candidates based outside the DC area can be considered if willing to relocate, with a small sign on bonus to assist.
- 5 - 10years of experience in a functional software project role, ideally with custom software development, for commercial and /or federal, state and/or local government projects
- Minimum experience can be reduced for candidates with advanced degrees including Master's and PhD's, as well as certification(s)
- 1-3+ years of experience in a current or previous role with functional software project development and or software management practices in a top tier consulting firm or "Big 4" firm
- solid understanding of systems development full life cycle (SDLC) a MUST!!
- prior experience using system development life cycle management tools
- prior experience with software development practices including scoping, requirements, estimating, benchmarking, tracking, etc. a plus
- any certification(s) relevant to system and/or software management practices such as Project Management Professional (PMP), Six Sigma Black Belt, Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), a plus but not required
- Familiarity with International Function Point Analysis a plus, not required
- Certified Function Point Practitioner (CFPP) certification or some work towards this is a plus, not required
- Minimum Education attainment of Bachelors degreerequired, ideally in Information Technology, Software, etc.
- Ability to do minimal travel (10%-15%)
- Proven ability to work well on teams
- Good oral and written communication skills to enable delivery of polished presentations to teams and clients and to document and deliver findings and reports and analysis
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting client deadlines and providing deliverables to meet requirements and team and project leadership specifications
- Must be able to obtain a US Government SECRET clearance or have one already