Fund Accountant 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: FUND ACCOUNTANT
LOCATION: BOSTON, MA
DURATION: 12 MONTHS
* The Fund Accountant is responsible for specialized accounting support of commingled investment portfolios within the business line.
* Leveraging our fund accounting technology, Fund Accountants will complete one or more key aspects of net asset value execution including; transactions, capital stock, expenses, corporate actions, cash, and special handling, as well as break identification and resolution.
* Fund Accountants ensure daily accounting deliverables are timely and accurate.
* Process transactions.
* Verify information.
* Escalate problem items.
* Manage daily volume.
* Ensure daily output maintains department/team standards for quality and timeliness..
* Help to ensure team deadlines and/or requirements are being met.
* Manage daily production reporting.
* Monitor and assist in the resolution of issues.
* Follow up on open inquiries.
* Interact with other departments on resolution of issues.
* Break follow up and resolution
* Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure.
* Communicate with internal departments as necessary.
* Contribute to Management Reporting (ie: Clarity, PVC's, past dues, cash breaks, R and A analysis)
* Gain an understanding of the big picture of how specific function impacts the firm.
* Contribute to Division/Firm process improvement activities.
* Gain efficiencies to improve individual productivity
* Manage multiple tasks and/or projects efficiently despite resource and time constraints
* BA/BSdegree or equivalent work experience
* Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills.
* Ability to identify, escalate and resolve a problem.
* Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills.
* Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively.
* Organizational skills and detail-oriented.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
* Ability to work US Holidays
* Ability to work overtime as necessary