JOB TITLE: FUND ACCOUNTANT
LOCATION: NAPERVILLE, IL
KEY SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Looking for someone with strong Fund Accounting Administration skills. Should have strong knowledge of Account Entries, General Ledger, Documenting business transactions, Daily Cash Reconciliations, Reviewing Monthly Statements, Process Accounts Payable for Funds, Perform Account Reconciliations.
MONEY MARKET AND/OR MUTUAL FUNDS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
The Fund Accountant applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Incumbent performs daily administrative functions for various LGIP's: local government investment pools.
* Consistently demonstrates exceptional internal and external service with clients, along with the core values: Integrity, Commitment and Performance.
* Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
* Responsible for introducing innovative IT efficiencies and/or ideas for potential next steps; partnering with all Fund Administration stakeholders.
* Determines proper handling of financial transactions.
* Performs daily cash reconciliations.
* Assists clients and staff by answering questions related to accounts, procedures and services.
* Assists in the review of monthly statements
* Facilitates client questions regarding bank statements, services and transactions.
* Processes accounts payable for the funds.
* Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
* Conducts accounting activity required for processing funds.
* Assist and provides backup to other staff.
* Conducts reconciliation activity and balances accounts, researches and clears reconciling items.
* Communicates, recommends and assists with enhancement and maintenance of procedures and related systemreports.
* Assist staff and clients by answering questions related to account procedures and services.
* Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) degree from four-year college or university with a major in Accounting.
* Three to five years accounting experience (money market or mutual fund experience desired).
* Ability to prioritize, organize and complete multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines.
* Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.