Fund Accounting Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Brown Brothers Harriman
The Fund Accounting Supervisor is responsible for effective direction and supervision of specialized processing, exception resolution, and reconciliation activities for a team of typically 3 to 7 direct reports. The Supervisor will manage client account activity in one of the business line's net asset value (NAV) components which may include: transactions, capital stock, expenses, corporate actions, cash, special handling and ledger/sub-ledger reconciliations. The Supervisor is responsible for ensuring department procedures are followed and standards of quality and control are met. The Supervisor also provides staff training, constructive feedback, and is a point of escalation to address complex issues.
1. Risk and Workflow Management:
* Supervise a specialized accounting group ensuring timely and accurate product delivery, proper escalation and resolution of high exposure items, and adherence to best practice standards and controls.
* Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and NAV exposure.
2. Leadership and Staff Supervision:
* Understand competencies required for successful job performance and use knowledge to coach and develop team members as well as to identify training needs.
* Energize and inspire team by generating excitement, a sense of pride, and a drive to excel.
* Consistently provide employees with constructive and timely feedback, both positive and negative. Leverage metrics to quantify performance where available.
* Ensure employees have the information and tools necessary to progress. Communicate a clear career path.
* Assign responsibility effectively based on expertise and strengths of team members.
3. Quality Assurance/Control:
* Ensure daily output standards, both quality and timeliness, are met consistently.
* Ensure adherence to all established best practice policies, procedures and controls.
* Assist management in the implementation of policies, procedures and controls.
* Monitor volume, workflows and overtime of team.
* Identify and resolve workflow issues.
* Review error and omission situations and look for corrective action
* Assist in the development and production of management reporting
4 .Process Improvement:
* Help to enhance the productivity of the unit by identifying opportunities to increase output/capacity through workflow improvements
* Challenge all processes, procedures and practices and constantly look for a better way to meet deliverables.
* BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
* 2 to 3 years of fund accounting, custody, securities processing or other industry experience.
* 1 year supervisory experience a plus
* Interpersonal skills.
* Ability to communicate professionally with others.
* An aptitude for analytical and problem resolution.
* Self Starter, proactive, and objective oriented.
* Enthusiastic leadership skills and ability to engage others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.