Fund Accounting Team Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Brown Brothers Harriman
The Fund Accounting Team Leader is responsible for the management and direction of one of the business line's net asset value (NAV) production teams including: Trades, Cash and Capital Stock, Expenses, and Special Handling. S/he is responsible for day to day activities and issues that may impact the achievement of department objectives including quality, control, and client service standards. S/he will be responsible for managing a moderate-sized group of employees with typically 2 or more Supervisors as direct reports.
Control and Risk Management
* Oversee the day to day activities of team ensuring deliverables are met on time and accurately.
* Act as the primary point of escalation for Client teams for any client related issues and proactively manage the resolution process with frequent updates and satisfaction measures.
* Review and discuss issues requiring escalation with Senior Management.
* Ensure procedures/checklists are documented and best practices are followed.
* Manage controls efficiently to alleviate any areas of potential risk.
* Establish service standards with CSG colleagues and ensure they are shared with and understood by team members and all internal support groups (Operations, etc.).
* Serve as an escalation point for client service issues and deliverables.
* Establish appropriate contacts within client teams and internal departments and actively collaborate to improve service quality.
* Work closely with Client teams to stay abreast of client goals and service requirements
* Build overall credibility and foster trust within and outside Fund Accounting Services Management Team.
Leadership and Staff Supervision
* Promote a cohesive team atmosphere through exhibiting strong leadership, effective communication, professionalism, and development of individual career paths
* Participate in the interview and selection process for job applicants.
* Oversee and ensure training and cross training of employees on relevant job functions to develop breadth and depth of knowledge.
* Participate in inter departmental and cross Line of Business Project teams.
* Complete and oversee the completion of the BBH annual performance review process.
* Provide ongoing feedback and coaching to direct reports to improve individual and team performance. Manage performance issues and disciplinary process for employees falling below set expectations.
* Assist in managing team expenses.
Technology and Innovation
* Review and stream line functional tasks for maximum efficiency.
* Realize team efficiencies through increased automation and organize workflows.
* Leverage department metrics to identify areas of high support cost and take steps to mitigate
* Lead and assist in implementing the coordination of new business and product implementations and conversions.
EDUCATION LEVEL AND/OR RELEVANT EXPERIENCE(S)
* BA/BS degree in a business related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
* 5 plus years of Fund Accounting, Global Custody, and/or Transfer Agency experience.
* 2 plus years of supervisory experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (general and technical)
* Client service skills.
* Aptitude for numbers, accuracy and organization.
* Technical and analytical ability.
* Ability to work accurately and quickly under pressure.
* Interpersonal skills.
* Written and verbal communication skills.
* Creative problem solving skills including the ability to identify, recommend and implement solutions.
* Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and systems.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (licenses, certifications, specialized training, physical or mental abilities required)
* Knowledge or experience of Multifunds is an advantage.
* Language skills commensurate with office location and client relationships supported.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.