Fund Controller for an Educational Institution 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Does the idea of working for an educational institution in the San Fernando Valley
Does the idea of working for an organization dedicated to a worthy mission appeal to you If so, then read on.
Beacon Resources seeks a Fund Controller to join this educational institution. The hired Fund Controller will report to the CFO and be an integral part to modify current accounting processes. You will own the process in various accounting areas (General Ledger, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Treasury). Most importantly, you will make sure all accounts are self-balancing, segregated for specific purposes in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations or special restrictions and limitations as pertaining to the educational sector. You will make sure how money is spend in each general ledger (i.e. fund).
You will be joining a great environment, a casual working environment with the team staying together for the past several years.
FUND CONTROLLER DUTIES
* Perform reconciliations on various general ledgers, including the following funds:
* Endowment and quasi-endowment funds,
* Current funds - unrestricted
* Current funds - restricted
* Land, building and equipment
* Custodian (i.e. donor)
* Supervise the posting of all relevant journal entries for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and General Ledger.
* Assist in preparation of balance sheet, account analysis & reconciliations as it relates to expenditures on various educational programs in the institution
* Assist in all internal and external audits, if necessary
* Assist in all compliance issues
* Other ad hoc duties as needed
FUND CONTROLLER QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED)
* Bachelors in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting focus
* Educational industry experience
* At least five (5) years of Accounting Experience
* Strong technical accounting skills, acquired from a major public accounting firm
FUND CONTROLLER SKILLS (REQUIRED)
* Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
* Expert-Level proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas)
For further information, submit your resume in MS Word format. All inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence.