Fund of Funds Accounting, Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONA leading Private Equity firm is seeking a Fund Accounting Associate to perform accounting, reporting and operational tasks associated with a complex private equity fund structure investing primarily in fund-of-funds. This stellar candidate will manage all daily records of financial transactions, cash management, and regulatory reporting. This is the perfect buy-side opportunity for someone who wants to gain direct exposure to the founders.
* Daily recording of all financial transactions in Investran for several private equity fund structures and related entities
* Cash management and bank account reconciliation
* Calculation of capital calls, distributions, management fees, income and expense accruals and amortization schedules
* Allocation of income in accordance with the terms of the fund agreements
* Maintenance and reconciliation of intercompany transactions
* Preparation and issuance of quarterly US GAAPfinancial statements for each entity
* Assist with any regulatory and tax filings
* Assist in providing information required to address investor requests
* Maintenance of detailed data relating to investments, investors and fund entities
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting with a minimum of 2+ years experience in private equity fund accounting
* Highly proficient using Investran and Excel
* Strong knowledge of partnership agreements
* Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting requirements and audit process
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong client service skills
* Experience with Investran automation and reporting tools including Report Wizard, the interest and dividend AT, subsequent close AT, etc.
* Experience with Sungard DX
* Knowledge of Lotus Notes, SAP and Sharepoint