This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Cushman & Wakefield
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: Tampa, FL
The Mover/Furniture Installer is a position within the Moves, Adds and Changes (MAC) department of C&W Services .A Mover/Furniture Installer is responsible for performing the day-to-day and periodic moving activities in assigned work areas.
Basic responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
* Handling furniture/product (such as filing cabinets, desk, overheads, tables, chairs, pedestals, boxes/crates, office equipment) lifting, pulling, pushing product
* Loading and unloading, transporting and relocating, assembling and disassembling product
* Use of electric tools and general building support activities as required.
* Specific responsibilities for each individual Mover/Furniture Installer will be determined by client expectations, Account Manager/Supervisor discretion, and Mover/Furniture Installer capabilities and experience.
* Perform daily /project moves, furniture adjustments and general support tasks in assigned areas in accordance with provided schedules
* Assist in the upkeep and organization of the furniture and parts warehouse
* Maintain a customer focused approach and communicate in a clear and helpful manner when engaging the customer
* Meet all client and C&W Services quality expectations
* Maintain a neat and orderly work area, including working tools and equipment Assist in orientation and training of new employees as directed
* Work safely at all times and promptly inform management about unsafe conditions existing in the work area
* Wear personal protective equipment appropriate for the task being performed
* Adhere to proper security procedures
* Notify management about problem s or opportunities that affect service to the clients
* Perform other moving-related duties as required
* 3 years' experience assembling /disassembling furniture.
* Experience with Haworth Race/Steelcase furniture desired
* Ability to speak and read English in order to properly communicate with the customer
* Ability to work long hours and walk long distances
* Must be able to take direction, to work with minimal supervision, and to function cooperatively as part of a team
* Requires attention to detail, a pride in delivering excellent service, good organization, and high levels of energy and endurance
* Must be able to consistently push and pull up to 70 pounds and lift up to 50 pounds
* Background check required - no felonies
A leader in facilities services with 65 years of experience. C&W Services is one of the largest facility services companies in the USA & Canada with a 65-year history of helping clients drive down operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and up-time, enable strategic business decisions and create positive experiences for the people who work, shop, learn, live and play in the facilities we maintain. We're building the best team in the industry - our people are the heart and vitality of C&W Services. In joining C&W Services, you're joining a firm with a rich history, blue-chip client list, and the backing of sister company Cushman & Wakefield, one of the world's largest property advisory firms and the reason for our success is simple: talented people. Visit our website at www.cwservices.com .
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.