GC-MS/LC-MS Analyst, West Chester, PA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 1/1/2017
SGS North America
West Chester, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION: GCMS/LCMS ANALYST
SGS strives to be the testing leader in the pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Each employee must approach their job as an ongoing commitment to quality testing and customer service in order for the company to succeed. This means fulfilling commitments in both of the following key result areas:
* Our Customers. We want to help our customers deliver safe and successful health care products to the public. We do this by providing responsive, cost-effective testing services that combine outstanding technical quality, top-notch regulatory compliance, and outstanding attention to the specialized needs of our customers. All SGS staff are expected to make customer service their top priority. This means that each employee is expected to do whatever is practical to meet our customers needs, even if this exceeds the specific responsibilities listed in their job description.
* Our People. We consider our people to be our greatest asset, and we provide employees with a work environment that fosters teamwork, growth, flexibility, and innovation. Our strong commitment to teamwork ultimately translates into long-term trust and reliability for our customers.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform analytical studies utilizing GC-MS and LC-MS in a fast-paced leading Contract Research Organization.
* Perform various tasks in support of laboratory operation and maintenance.
* Life West Chester Small Molecule Team Leader
* Operate and maintain laboratory instrumentation required for cGMP analyses.
* Assist Senior Scientists with complex analytical studies.
* Prepare chemical solutions and perform detailed and complex analytical procedures (e.g., extractions, purifications, evaporations, derivatizations, etc.) following SOP s and established test Protocols.
* Work closely with Quality Assurance to meet all necessary regulatory requirements.
A minimum B.S/M.S. or advanced degree level scientist with 2 to 4 yrs experience in Analytical Chemistry and GCMS and/or LCMS specifically.
* Have hands-on experience with running HPLC, GC, and mass spectrometry instruments as well as interpreting simple data sets. Industry cGMP experience and/or E&L experience a plus.
* Be highly motivated, independent and interactive.
* Effectively collaborate with colleagues, both internal and external.
* Demonstrate professional verbal and written communication skills.
* Be highly organized and capable of multitasking to meet required deadlines.
* Have ability to focus on critical tasks, give proper attention to detail.