GCCS Administrator USA-DSS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
3001 Cubic Global Defense, Inc.
Cubic Global Defense (CGD), a leader in the Defense Services industry, is looking for an experienced, highly skilled Global Command and Control (GCCS) Administrator to join our professional team providing mission training services for a Mission Training Complex.
* Serve as the lead systems administrator for the Global Command and Control System (GCCS). Apply a wide variety of applications, operating systems, protocols, and equipment, in addition to methods and practices for troubleshooting, recovering, adjusting, modifying, and improving IT systems.
* Plan, coordinate, install, and administer Army Mission Command Systems (AMCS) primarily involving the Global Command and Control System-Army (GCCS-A).
* Assist with the planning of the integration of other AMCS into a GCCS-generated Common Operational Picture (COP).
* Work as a member of the Technical Support Team to design and engineer communications and computer networks to transmit simulation data using Cisco switches and routers, and data encryption devices. Network support will include WAN circuit connections, local VLAN management, route management using static/default routes, OSPF and EIGRP, VoIP support via Cisco Call Manager.
* Monitor total system performance to ensure optimal performance and generate periodic summaries of system performance and utilization to measure system performance.
* Assist users and user support personnel in determining the cause of failures or problems of Common Operating Environment (COE) and application systems.
* Provide technical integration solutions and recommendations for exercises and events, to include networks and computer systems layout and setups for Mission Command Systems/Simulations Integration.
* MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor s Degree from an accredited institution preferred. Education may be waived based on experience.
* Thorough understanding of SOLARIS system concepts, operating system, installation, file commands, shell features, file security, user security, print services, print management techniques, and utilities.
* Knowledge of UNIX and PC operating systems to monitor, analyze, and fix software and hardware problems.
* Knowledge of LAN technology to include cable plants, access methods, client server technology, routers, switches, gateways, and topologies.
* Knowledge of hardware, software, and telecommunications trouble shooting techniques in order to resolve system, database, security, telecommunications, or user terminal in order to resolve system, database, security, telecommunications, or user terminal anomalies.
* Experience interfacing various DoD Systems of Record with GCCS (e.g., ADSI, JDOCS/ADOCS, AFATDS, WIM, AMCS, WARSIM and JCATS).
* Meet DoDI 8570.01, DoD 8570.01-M, and AR 25-2 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) baseline (e.g., Security +, CISSP) and computing environment (CE) certification requirements (e.g., MCP, MCSE, UNIX/Solaris System/Network Administrator).
* Excellent organizational, writing, and communication skills.
* Position requires close customer contact and the ability to work independently and creatively.
* Proficient in the following Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.