GENERAL KITCHEN WORKER - Per Diem
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
North Shore Medical Center(NSMC)
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnder the supervision of the Supervisors, responsible for department wide sanitation, pot and dish washing.
JOB SPECIFICS RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Load patient trays into food cars for delivery to floors.
* Deliver and retrieve patient food carts within the hospital (Salem, NSCH and SKRH).
* Scrub and clean pots and pans using correct detergents and sanitizers as assigned.
* Perform various sanitation assignments as outlined in monthly format by kitchen cleaning schedule.
* Load and unload dish machine and put all clean items in appropriate areas.
* Wash and clean food cars using appropriate detergents and sanitizers.
* Organize and clean dish room area including breaking down and cleaning of dish machine.
* Assist on patient tray-line.
* Sweep and mop floors as assigned.
* Remove trash to dumpster area and clean trash carts.
* Perform any duty as required or assigned by supervisor
Must be able to read, write and communicate routine information. Must be able to work reliably from oral instruction. Must learn routines, practices, and equipment of assigned area. Must gain knowledge of cleaning chemicals.
Equivalent to the completion of grades 7 to 10 is preferred