GI Technician, Per Diem - Endoscopy (GI ENDOSCOPY TCHN 1 PD)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 1/8/2017
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
GI Technician, Per Diem - Endoscopy (GI ENDOSCOPY TCHN 1 PD)
Technical & Technologist
8 ; 20%
This classification is represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The GI Endoscopy Technician under the direction of the Patient Care Manager and GI Endoscopy Tech Supervisor, will participate as an integral member of the Endoscopy patient care team. This position will float to all three endoscopy units including Parnassus, Mount Zion, and Mission Bay. Coverage of the endoscopy units is 24/7.
The GI Endoscopy Tech performs multiple support functions directed toward positive patient care outcomes. All patient care team members are responsible to meet patient needs, demonstrate willingness to learn new skills, and foster a harmonious work environment in which high quality patient care and customer service is constantly provided. Team members promote a cooperative working relationship with each other, physicians, other disciplines and the public by facilitating and enhancing communication, displaying honesty and respect, displaying sensitivity to cultural differences, and expressing and accepting feedback in a professional manner.
Position requires reprocessing of GI equipment, procedure room turnover, supply stocking, and multiple other responsibilities related to infection control practices and endoscopy care and maintenance.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
* Ability to work within a team
* Ability to satisfactorily perform job duties as defined in the job description
* Willingness to be taught/learn new skills
* Ability to understand and communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing
* Ability to perform basic arithmetic computations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
* Ability to organize work duties
* Ability to move heavy equipment and boxes
* Ability to operate some complex machinery, such as sterilizers, etc
* Basic computer
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
* One year of related Endoscopy experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page