This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
Versar, Inc. is a global project management company based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, with 21 locations around the world. Since 1969, Versar has provided technical and management support to federal, state, and local government clients as well as to industries worldwide, delivering construction management, environmental sciences and engineering infrastructure solutions. Versar offers tailored and secure solutions in harsh environments providing clients with comprehensive engineering and construction management, environmental and professional services.
Versar, Inc., in Columbia, MD, is seeking an experienced GIS analyst with strong natural resource and ecological science background, who works well as a member of a team, enjoys technical and scientific challenges, and provides advanced geodatabase skills. The analyst will be responsible for creating and updating geospatial data and conducting simple to complex analyses using ArcGIS and geodatabase technologies for a diverse array of projects. The analyst may be responsible for task management duties, coordinating efforts of a team, and working directly with clients.
Typical projects this position would support include a variety of ecological monitoring and assessments (aquatic, terrestrial, estuarine, and marine), stormwater compliance, watershed modeling, and water quality analyses.
Technical training and experience desired include the following:
* GIS analysis, management, and geodatabase development
* Application of GIS tools to solve natural resource and ecological problems
* Additional quantitative skills and programming tools (e.g., Python, Modelbuilder, VBA, SQL, R)
* Ability to locate and work with GIS data from a variety of governmental agencies and nongovernmental sources
* Ability to analyze image data using basic image processing software
* Background in natural resources, ecology, or environmental science
* Familiarity with municipal stormwater (MS4) compliance requirements, including stormwater BMP and other infrastructure geodatabases
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel
* Strong proficiency with MS Office tools, including Excel and Access
* Flexibility to work with a variety of staff, projects, and task timelines
* Responsible and detail-oriented
There may be opportunities for this position to participate in field assessments for natural resources projects, and therefore experience such as stormwater BMP investigations or biological surveys is also beneficial.
Minimum requirements would be a Bachelor s or Master s degree in a relevant discipline of environmental or geographic science and 5+ years of experience, with an emphasis on GIS.
Good oral and written communication skills are required, and extensive experience in technical writing is desirable.
The ability to work on multiple projects in a multi-disciplinary team setting is necessary.
The successful candidate must be flexible, self-starter, able to think on their feet, able to creatively solve problems and capable of good client interactions and development of new projects.
Salary is negotiable and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Send This Job to a Friend
Versar, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Versar does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law
Versar, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Versar does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.