This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 4/19/2017
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONKleinfelder is an employee-owned architectural, engineering, and science consulting firm providing solutions to meet our world's complex infrastructure and natural resource challenges.
Kleinfelder has nearly 2,000 employee-owners with offices nationwide and abroad. With over 50 years of experience, Kleinfelder's reputation for providing innovative, commonsense solutions to the most complex challenges has solidified its status as a trusted partner to its global clients and a leader in the industry. Working as a team, Kleinfelder's bright people will deliver the right solutions.
Kleinfelder's San Diego office is looking for a GIS Specialist to join our team. This position will be responsible for preparing various support mapping, data analyses, graphics for reports, meetings, and other staff needs. The candidate will transform initial rough drawings, GPS field data, and other data resources into working documents using GIS and CAD software, complete complex assignments requiring knowledge of advanced GIS and CAD techniques, review maps, drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards. The candidate would also be expected to perform a variety of tasks which may rely on experience, creativity and judgment to plan and accomplish goals in a team atmosphere.
The ideal candidate would be responsible for providing technical assistance for Environmental, geotechnical and environmental data development, database maintenance, and mapping in support of documents, reports and other project activities. A good understanding of mapping and cartographic principles is required. Computer skills and experience with ESRI ArcGIS for Desktop, AutoCAD and mapping grade GPS are desirable. This position will work under supervision.
* Working with our Environmental and Engineering Design team to provide GIS analysis and cartography support.
* Working with project and data management staff to query/filter environmental data for presentation in GIS
* Provide technical expertise on multiple tasks simultaneously within scope/schedule/budget
* Work with the project manager to ensure quality is achieved on project deliverables.
* Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
* Delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener.
* Able to relate to all kinds of people regardless of background.
Delivering High Quality Work
* Perform tasks according to detailed protocols with clear and accurate documentation.
* Identify problems that could impact quality.
* Checks own work product to confirm compliance with requirements and expectations.
Serving Internal and External Clients
* Stays aware of client needs, concerns and satisfaction.
* Responds promptly to client questions and requests.
* Breaks down problems into manageable components.
* Clarifies information or additional resources needed to solve problems.
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor's degree in Geography, Environmental Science, GIS or a related field including courses in GIS.
* 1-4 years of related GIS Specialist experience required. The ideal candidate must have a basic knowledge of environmental-related software, such as ESRI ArcGIS, [NP1] AutoCAD, MS Access, EQuIS, and programming to generate cartographic and map design products is required.
* Strong computing and analytical skills, and experience with current version of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop software, all license levels and extensions, are desired, along with a demonstrated understanding of mapping and cartographic principles. Additional experience with ArcGIS Server and Mobile products strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated skills in database setup, query building and reporting using one or more of the following database tools (MS-Access, SQL, Oracle). Ability to build custom data queries and ability to suggest improved data presentation and graphics.
* Proficiency in spatial analysis, data management, data conversion, and map automation and production using Python with ArcGIS for Desktop or ArcGIS for Server. Integrate a wide range of mapping and GIS capabilities online or offline, including editing, geocoding, routing, and data visualization.
Certification/Registration: GISP or ESRI technical certification a plus.
Other Knowledge and Skills: Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be client focused to understand and appropriately respond to clients' project needs. Focus will be on results-oriented delivery, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays. Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)