GIS Technician 8/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for GIS TECHNICIAN for our client in ATLANTA, GA
JOB TITLE: GIS TECHNICIAN
JOB LOCATION: ATLANTA, GA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Client is seeking a GIS Technician to assist with its Local Government GIS Coordination effort.
* The position will be part of a team that is using local (city and county) GIS street data to inventory client's statewide road network.
* The position will involve editing road centerlines and the associated road characteristics.
* The position will also require coordination with local government entities to attempt to obtain data and verify ownership of roads.
* The ideal candidate will possess an extensive working knowledge of the ESRI ArcGIS 10.x Desktop software suite and general GIS principles and concepts.
* The individual should be detail-oriented and highly skilled using the ArcGIS editing tools, and should be familiar with shapefiles, personal/file geodatabases, geodatabase topology and editing in a SDE multi-user database.
* The candidate should be familiar with querying databases and be able to validate data.
* The candidate must have the technical agility, focus, flexibility, enthusiasm and vision to complement and enhance the OTD Local Government Coordination Team.
* The candidate must be able to coordinate, plan, and support simultaneous tasks and GIS projects; query data;
* Prepare and deliver reports to the immediate supervisor and others;
* Use geospatial data in the creation and production of GIS maps and data; and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE :
* Completion or near completion (in process) four-year college degree in GIS, Geography, or a related field, and proficiency with the ArcGIS 10.x Desktop software suite.
* Preferred qualifications include experience with creating and editing GIS data, and GIS work experience with a city or county government agency.