GIS Technician I 8/11/2016
American Electric Powers
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY:
* Perform, under direct supervision, GIS mapping of electrical distribution facilities drafting and computer graphics.
* Perform associated clerical work.
* Create, revise and maintain detailed electronic drawings, maps and sketches.
* Create and maintain material and property equipment records.
* Obtain information required to perform work from verbal communication, sketches, marked drawings, listings, field notes, vendors' catalogs and technical reference manuals.
* Perform mathematical calculations required to accomplish assigned work.
* Able to operate and has knowledge of large format plotters and other duplicating equipment.
* Work with other organizations of the Company to resolve discrepancies and assure work is performed in a safe and efficient manner.
* Promote and support the Company's Accident Prevention and Safety and Health programs.
* Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the Company's Corporate Compliance policy.
* Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree, GIS/Geographic or 3-6 years equivalent education and/or experience.
* Specialized experience, training or familiarity with ESRI's ArcGIS software packages.
* Should have 3 years' experience in GIS development for real estate, forest resource, recreational or natural resources.
* Should have 3 years' experience in integrating geographic, cartographic, remote sensing, and GPS concepts and principles for data analysis.