GIS Technician I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Perform, under direct supervision, GIS mapping of electrical distribution facilities drafting and computer graphics. Perform associated clerical work.
* Create, revise and maintain detailed electronic drawings, maps and sketches.
* Create and maintain material and property equipment records.
* Obtain information required to perform work from verbal communication, sketches, marked drawings, listings, field notes, vendors' catalogs and technical reference manuals.
* Perform mathematical calculations required to accomplish assigned work.
* Able to operate and has knowledge of large format plotters and other duplicating equipment.
* Work with other organizations of the Company to resolve discrepancies and assure work is performed in a safe and efficient manner.
* Promote and support the Company's Accident Prevention and Safety and Health programs.
* Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the Company's Corporate Compliance policy.
* Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Associate degree in drafting and design (manual and/or computer automated) or in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering technology or equivalent experience and/or education.
* Possess a minimum of 2 years' experience in related drafting and/or computer GIS work.
* Must be familiar with conventional drafting symbols and drafting methods.
* Must be familiar with and have an aptitude for computer graphics and automated drawing methods and have the ability to distinguish colors.
* Must be able to operate a company vehicle and possess and maintain a valid state driver's license.
* Must meet all vehicle operation requirements as designated by federal and/or state law.