GPS Systems Engineering Support/Embedded GPS/INS (EGI)*
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 3/10/2017
Robins Afb, GA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: #3630
Title: GPS Systems Engineering Support/Embedded GPS/INS (EGI)*
Date Posted: 08/29/2016
Job Location: Robbins AFB Georgia
Provide Systems Engineering support to the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) Joint Service Systems Management Program Office (AFLCMC/WNY), Robins AFB, GA
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Engineer supporting the Joint Service System Management Office (JSSMO) for the Distributed Advanced Global Positioning System Receiver (DAGR). The JSSMO is modernizing the existing DAGR GPS receivers to meet existing DoD and civil mandates and national-level priorities.
* Duties will include planning, executing and controlling technical aspects of acquisition programs; organizing, training and supervising a technical support staff.
* Will work with senior government personnel on a regular basis, and will frequently be called on to provide technical briefings and lead large meetings.
* Will also serve as a senior technical advisor to government personnel.
* Responsible for providing technical acquisition management support services to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of GPS related acquisition services in support of the customer s mission. Services include some or all of the following:
* Requirements, program strategies, statements of work and acquisition plan development
* Bid and proposal review/analysis
* Engineering trade studies and technical analyses
* Evaluating development/integration of modernized GPS systems into Air Force platforms
* Satisfying civil and military mandates associated with Assured Position, Navigation, and Timing requirements
* ABET-accredited BS degree in engineering.
* Senior: 10 years of experience related program office acquisition experience, at least 5 of which will have been in a leadership position.
* Experience as a Technical IPT lead in a Program Office
* Experience with GPS and GPS integration
* Participated in development, coordination, and execution of major program milestones (preferably ACAT I but ACAT II/III acceptable)
* Extensive experience with defense acquisition management processes as contained in the DoD 5000 series directives
* Excellent communications skills, both written and verbally
* Clear understanding of the OSD and USAF Acquisition organization
* Active Secret Clearance.
* Approx.10% travel required
* Level II DIWIA Certification (SPRDE)
* At least 15 years related acquisition experience
* 2- 3 tours at AFLCMC (or predecessor)/or SMC Product Centers, or similar US Army/US Navy Product Centers, assigned to major weapon system Program Offices
* Electronics/ software experience / background
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
* This position will be assigned at government offices at Robins AFB, GA.
* Approx.10% travel required
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability