Garde Mange (Cold Cook)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01505-83672
Mixed (rotating weekends)
* Demonstrates skill in food preparation, display and service, which is in compliance with all regulatory standards.
* Prepares cold food items for cafeteria, physician s dining, catering and room service operations according to standard recipes and HACCP guidelines; wears and changes gloves appropriately.
* Responsible for maintaining all kitchen utensils, equipment and physical surfaces in a safe and sanitary manner. Maintains high standards of quality, safety and sanitation.
* Ensures all food items are labeled and dated correctly to ensure quality and freshness.
* Demonstrates the ability to safely handle and clean knives as well as other pieces of necessary equipment.
* Ensures all storage areas are maintained in a clean and orderly manner according to regulatory guidelines.
* Ensures all food and supply items are in proper locations, rotates using FIFO to maintain quality and food safety. Removes and alerts supervisor of any outdated food items.
* Communicates all food quality issues, food shortages or necessary substitutions to Team Leader or Supervisor (Production/Retail) in a timely manner.
* Accurately completes daily reports, cleaning checklists, and temperature logs.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* 1-2 years prior experience in a high volume restaurant, hotel, country club or cafeteria.
* Healthcare experience a plus.
Culinary School training preferred but not required.
Food Service handler s certification through the Texas Department of Health required within 1 year of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Ability to read, write and speak in English
* Basic math skills
* Organization skills
* Ability to interpret recipes.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule to include some weekends and evenings
* Ability to safely operate kitchen equipment
* Intermediate to advanced knife handling skills
Last Edited: 09/14/2016