Gastroenterology Sales Specialist (Detroit, MI)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We all share one big ambition. What s yours?
Everyone who works at UCB holds the same ambition to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases. Of course we have other associated ambitions too - including a desire to support each other in attaining all of our own personal and professional goals. That s why we ensure every UCB colleague has the tools and environment to engage effectively in the work we do. Wherever in the world we re based, and whatever role we play, we believe each of us can have an impact across our organization.
The Clinical Account Sales Specialist (CAS) provides clinical, technical and product knowledge support to existing and potential UCB customers. The CAS builds and maintains solid customer relationships and provides customer training at all levels within their territory. Demonstrate an excellence in developing and applying business processes that lead to achievement of sales goals and objectives.
* High degree of clinical confidence and expertise in Immunology
* Proven ability to build professional relationships
* Strong Business Acumen in Specialty biopharmaceutical products
* High-level Ecosystem understanding (Market Access, evolving healthcare landscape and competitive landscape)
* Deep understanding of Patients
* Ability to work cross functionally and within a Matrix organization
* Articulation of complex clinical information to a variety of HCPs including Physician Specialists, Allied Health Professionals and Nurses.
* Ability to communicate clinical data across several indications and disease states.
* Attain sales objectives for assigned products on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
* Develop individualized presentations using a consultative matrix selling approach with approved marketing tools. This is a highly technical, solution-oriented selling technique enabling the Clinical Account Sales Specialist to meet the needs of health care professionals who treat inflammatory disorders.
* Fully compliant to all standards across all State and Federal regulations.in all activities
* Consistently seek an understanding of customer needs and take prompt action to accomplish objectives and achieve goals beyond what is required.
* Identify opportunities and take action to building strategic working relationships with internal and external customers.
* Establish strong business relationships with key local, regional and national thought leaders within the geographical coverage area and assigned therapeutic areas.
* Participate in conventions, meetings, and professional associations relating to therapeutic area.
* Travel within the assigned territory on a routine basis; some overnight travel may be required on a routine basis to see all target customers.
* Utilize available resources from the Customer Table, including, Medical Affairs, Market Access and Home Office to implement tactics aligned to brand strategies.
* Responsible for compliant documentation.
* Articulate the complexity of prescribing Specialty products in a coherent and proficient manner.
* Understand the dynamics of various unique sites of care and implement tactics aligned to brand strategies.
* Create actionable insights from several data sets that allow for greater patient focused interactions.
* Understand and communicate relevant Market Access opportunities or challenges.
* Clearly understand goals of Company sales and marketing plan.
* Analyze data including business statistics and customer feedback that provides an information framework for the development of territory business plans.
* Develop tactics aligned to brand strategy within assigned territory to identify key stakeholders within assigned accounts.
* Develop an extensive understanding of the customer s business / organization and patient population in order to assess their needs and develop plans and programs to meet the needs of the customer, stakeholder and of UCB Immunology Patient Value Unit.
* Demonstrate skills and ability to coordinate and navigate a complex system of reimbursement, supply and distribution, aligning appropriate UCB resources to support customer needs.
* Utilize designated sales reporting tool to identify highest potential customer targets and facilitate Company s evaluation of effort and impact.
* Acts as the primary UCB customer liaison for assigned product clinical and support needs.
* Create and maintain successful business partnerships with customers by meeting regularly with target health care professionals and staff within assigned territory to understand their needs as well as needs of patient. Develop individualized approaches using relevant product information to meet their identified needs and obtain commitments from target to prescribe UCB products.
* Provides timely information to the Customer Table team regarding customer concerns, issues and market opportunities.
* Work in a matrix environment encompassing Medical Affairs and Medical Information, Reimbursement managers, Managed Markets account executives, Marketing, Regional Partnership Lead, and Patient Services Nurse, etc.
* Engages accounts proactively to assess satisfaction and usage levels of products.
* Maintains familiarity with status of CIMZIA utilization at customer sites.
* Educates and trains physicians and associated personnel on technical matters relating to CIMZIA.
* Provides a clinical resource for clinicians and others involved in the continuum of care for immunology patients.
* Updates customers on best practices, as appropriate.
* Participates in in-house sponsored customer training at designated sites.
* Provides training and resources for staff at alternative sites of care to enable them to administer CIMIZA lyophilized powder.
* Assists Sales Management and In-house Training departments in educating/training new Clinical Account Sales Specialists.
* Independently identify territory needs for educational programs for health care professionals and, at own discretion, conduct promotional speaker programs and other educational venues in territory to maximize sales.
* Manage a territory marketing and promotional speaker program budget.
* Bachelor s degree required, preferably in life science, business, or healthcare
* 4 years of pharmaceutical sales experience
* Two (2) years of injectable biologics/oncology sales, marketing, or market research experience preferred
* Demonstrated ability to analyze complex technical data and to develop strategic and actionable business plans
Specific Skills & Other Requirements
* Demonstrated ability to deliver sales results
* Ability to work autonomously using discretion and independent judgment where necessary and appropriate
* Strong communication skills written and verbal; clearly conveying information and ideas in a manner that engages audience and helps them understand and retain messages
* Advanced computer skills MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint
* Thorough knowledge of negotiation skills
* Effective presentation skills minimally on a one-to-one and small group (10 -15) basis
* Demonstrates impact and influence on others by creating a professional and polished image of self and UCB
Preferred Skills (but Not Required)
Currently established productive business relationships with key local, regional and National Key Opinion Leaders (KOL s) within the geographical coverage area and assigned therapeutic areas is preferred
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people