Gear & Lighting Specialist, Raleigh, NC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Hagemeyer North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Vallen, a Sonepar company, is a distributor of products and services focusing on business-to-business markets in electrical materials, safety products, and industrial products.
Hagemeyer/IDG sites are conveniently located to serve local markets throughout the United States. Our strength lies in the ability to serve local customers through the relationships forged by our associates.
Our global reach allows us to provide our global customers with custom-tailored solutions. As a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family, Hagemeyer/IDG works with Sonepar companies around the world to ensure superior service when and where our customers need it.
Hagemeyer North America is currently seeking a Gear and Lighting Specialist to receive orders for products or services by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Working knowledge of Lighting and or Gear projects workings.
* Ability to read and understand lighting and or gear schedules off of prints helpful.
* Receives calls and faxes from customers with regards to projects being quoted. May be required in various site locations to call customers to solicit sales.
* Works with lighting and gear reps to obtain pricing for projects to meet specifications.
* Quotes prices and tries to persuade customer to buy.
* Assemblies submittals for review and approval prior to release.
* Secures and places orders with manufactures for filling and arranges delivery date.
* Tracks projects for customers, expedites and follows up on all customer requests.
* Records names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of prospects solicited.
* Keys data from order into mainframe system.
* Works with the outside sales rep to secure customer satisfaction on all accounts.
* Prepares and works reports on sales activities and expediting.
* Working knowledge of switchgear and/or lighting equipment desired
* Experience working with Electrical Contractors is desired
* Knowledge of Square D electrical products is desired
* Strong organizational skills along with strong PC skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* Must be sales focused and have great customer follow up
* Must have a professional as well as personable demeanor
401(k) Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.