General Accountant - IL Chicago
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is currently seeking a General Accountant to join our Corporate Accounting Department in Chicago, IL. Successful candidate will report to the Accounting Manager.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
* General Accounting duties with an emphasis on inventory cost accounting.
* Will serve regional plants as a plant accountant providing analysis and reporting
* Responsible for monthly LIFO calculations, purchase accounting coordination with internal supply chain management, outside processer reconciliations, etc.
* Involvement with the monthly close process (which will include journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analysis)
* Working with auditors during quarterly and annual engagements
* Work on other special projects, as assigned
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor
* Bachelors Degree
* CPA certification preferred but will consider an applicant who is working towards their certification
* 1-3 years of accounting experience
* Proficient MS Office experience, strong Excel skills a must
* Knowledge of SAP is preferred
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.