This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Jose, CA
BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting and a minimum of 2 to 5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of related education and experience required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high degree of accuracy.
* Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures.
* Thorough knowledge of computerized accounting systems and PC based spreadsheet software.
* Excel Skills and SAP 6.0 experience are required.
* Effective analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills.
* Effective oral and written communications skills.
* Effective organization and planning skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for all transactions except cost accounting for one company code.
* Responsible for analyzing expenses and recording required accruals for one company code. Investigates unusual trends and provides additional data to managers to use for forecasting purposes.
* Responsible for monthly reconciliations of the accrual accounts.
* Responsible for maintaining 2 sales related clearing accounts. This includes analyzing the population of data and taking any required steps to clear/resolve issues that have aged.
* Responsible for month and year end close tasks, as well supporting tax and other compliance activities in finance.
* Finance contact for grant receivable maintenance
* Provides ad-hoc assistance with year-end reporting requirements
* Provides ad-hoc assistance with various tax reporting, including federal & state tax package preparation, property tax returns and quarterly foreign tax reporting.
* Regular communication with managers at the site as well as members in the North American Shared Service Center.
* Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements. Participates as required in training.
* Performs other related duties and assignments as required..