At Ameritas, we take great pride in the work we do every day. We help individuals, families and businesses reduce uncertainty, grow assets and protect what matters most. Fulfilling life is what we are all about. We rely on our associates for their energy, talents and commitment to give their very best. In return, Ameritas offers benefits and our Total Rewards to enhance the pride and satisfaction our associates feel as part of the Ameritas family.
Individual is responsible for the daily care of a designated portion of the company office buildings utilizing various pieces of cleaning equipment and working with special chemicals.
Individual ensures that all areas are maintained to the high standards expected as defined by the supervisor. Individual must keep abreast of all new chemicals and products on the market in order to achieve the best possible results.
Within a designated area the individual is responsible for the following functions on a daily basis:
* Cleaning and sanitizing rest rooms including all fixtures.
* Vacuum all carpet in the entire area.
* Spot clean carpet stains as required.
* Wet mopping any hard surface areas.
* Dusting floors, desktops, tables, chairs, file cabinets, workstations, panels, and window sills and baseboards.
* Cleaning and sanitizing water fountains.
* Vacuum chairs and workstation walls.
* Check area for burnt out light bulbs and report to supervisor.
* Check area for any safety hazards and report to supervisor.
The individual may be required to perform extra duties assigned resulting from remodel/relocation activity within their assigned area. Periodically, the individual may be required to clean walls, ceiling vents, registers or any other specialized cleaning as requested by the supervisor.
The environment is an office setting with various activities taking place on a constant basis. In this position the incumbent must be able to concentrate fully in spite of many distractions. There is also a considerable amount of noise from the equipment that may require the individual to wear ear protection. Bending and the ability to lift 40 pounds are required. The individual will be required to work various shifts and mandatory overtime in order to insure that the overall appearance of the facility is within established guidelines.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
* A high school or equivalency diploma is preferred.
* Prior cleaning experience and experience with various cleaning products and equipment is desired but not required. Familiarity with computers is also preferred.
* Other important skills required by this job include the ability to communicate effectively.
* Strong organizational skills that enable deadlines to be met on a consistent basis are needed.
Mission Critical Competencies- Individual Contributor
Factor I: Strategic Skills
* Functional/Technical Skills
* Technical Learning
* Decision Quality
* Intellectual Horsepower
* Learning on the Fly
* Problem Solving
* Strategic Agility
Factor II: Operating Skills
* Process Management
* Total Work Systems
Factor III: Courage
* Standing Alone
* Sizing up People
Factor IV: Energy and Drive
* Action Oriented
* Drive for Results
Factor V: Organizational Positioning Skills
Factor VI: Personal and Interpersonal Skills
* Interpersonal Savvy
* Peer Relationships
* Motivating Others
* Managing Vision and Purpose