General Clerk II - Claims Operations
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Claims Operations and Support Group at CNA Insurance is currently recruiting for the position of General Clerk II. This group provides administrative and clerical support to the commercial insurance claim division at CNA. The individuals in these positions will be responsible for some or all the following functions:
1. Supporting the bill payment process for Commercial and Specialty Claim.
2. Sending documentation and records to customers and business partners.
3. File room support. Duties include file maintenance, file purge, file pulls and file recalls from storage.
4. Access and run reports from CNA systems for automatic bill payment process.
5. Support the backend process for transcription processing. 6. Order and distribute supplies to business partners.
7. Indexing incoming mail and faxes.
Under limited supervision, performs clerical office work such as mail and document processing, scanning and distribution, filing, photocopying, record keeping, and report compilation which requires independent analysis. Requires detailed knowledge of department and/or area procedures related to work performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Receives, classifies, reconciles, interprets, consolidates, and/or summarizes documents and information utilizing standard office equipment.
2. Maintains files and records of documents processed.
3. Prepares and compiles reports within prescribed guidelines gathering data from a variety of sources.
4. Interfaces with customers, suppliers, or company employees outside the immediate work area on a regular basis to give or exchange information.
5. May sort, deliver and pick up mail, files and/or other documents for designated areas.
6. Performs financial transactions such as paying bills utilizing set procedures and guidelines.
7. Reviews and reconciles reports for data or financial transactions related to claims.
8. May complete special projects as necessary.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
1. Good written and verbal communication skills including professional phone etiquette.
2. Good interpersonal skills.
3. Good Computer skills, accuracy in typing and inputting data, ability to retrieve data, and navigate web-based software efficiently.
4. Strong organization and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
5. Ability to work independently.
6. Qualified candidates will understand how to use Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel), have the ability to learn new technologies including CNA claim and financial systems, and have excellent attention to detail.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience and some additional training after high school.
2. Typically a minimum one to two years general clerical experience in an office environment.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Wyomissing
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Wyomissing
Organization: CLAIM-Fin&Ops-Claim Support
Job Posting: Sep 15, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.