- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
General Foreman Level 1, Electrical
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Established in 1946, Bergelectric Corp. has made its mark on the construction industry by providing the highest quality electrical and technology systems. We are one of the largest, privately held, electrical contractors in the United States. During the last decade, Engineering News Record (ENR) has consistently ranked us among the top 20 specialty contractors. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including, but not limited to; comprehensive medical benefit packages, Paid Time Off, 401(k), and a pension plan.
Function as a General Foreman for Bergelectric Corp.; managing the labor, materials and production for electrical construction projects. Provide technical expertise in installing and troubleshooting electrical wiring and equipment. Work cooperatively with the general contractor and/or customer in managing the project, project schedule and employees. Monitor installations and ensure work is performed according to Bergelectric Corp. standards and project specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for supervision of all field production activities; Provide assistance to the Foreman in planning the job, ordering materials and manpower.
* Work with appropriate Project Managers and Superintendents to establish project goals at the beginning of the project and monitor success in reaching those objectives on an ongoing basis.
* Review and monitor labor efficiencies, hours and ratios. Project the labor needs for the duration of the project
* Monitor codes and specifications, installation methods.
* Prepare, review, distribute and/or maintain all required installation documentation.
* Provide leadership and guidance to sub-Foremen.
* Work with the appropriate Project Managers and Superintendents to track and monitor material costs, storage, consumed and ordered to identify potential problems while minimizing cost and overruns to Bergelectric Corp.
* Achieve Bergelectric Corp. productivity objectives by effectively managing and assigning tasks to crew members, while maintaining an accurate labor tracking log and communicating with other key project personnel
* Utilize a proactive approach to anticipate and resolve potential issues.
* Ensure the proper safety equipment, materials and tools are onsite to perform required work.
* Maintain complete and accurate as-builts as per Bergelectric Corp. procedures and project requirements.
* Communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals including project owners, architects, general contractors, management, crew members, etc.
* Adhere to project contract document changes and Bergelectric Corp. change
* order notice-to-proceed policies.
* Adhere to all Bergelectric Corp., state and federal safety policies and procedures.
* Ensure all work performed meets with NEC, federal, state, county, local codes and contract documents.
* Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures included in the Bergelectric Corp. Employee Handbook.