General Labor - Machine Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Role Purpose
General Labor/ Machine Operator
Temp to Hire
We have an immediate opening for 2 reliable hard working individuals to work in our Military Standard and SuperHighway Departments. Key Responsibilities
Duties include: Basic set up and operation of various machines, hand tools, and pneumatic tools. This equipment is used to deburr, slot, drill and cut metal. The metals used in these operations are aluminum, brass alloy, titanium and steel. Qualifications / Experience / Skills
Preferably we would like individuals with machine shop experience with the following skills:
* - Ability to read and understand blue prints, mylars, customer drawings, specifications and other inspection media
* - Must be able to clock on and off jobs accurately in an electronic time system
* - Must be able to read and understand manufacturing orders.
* - Ability to use and read various types of measuring equipment with a high degree of accuracy.
* - Must be able to operate various hand tools, tooling fixtures and machines, such as saws, grinders, drills, drill presses, belt sanders, slotters and shears
* - Must be able to work OT as required.
* Must be punctual and reliable
* Must be willing to perform other duties as assigned.
Work Environment Requires the following:
Safety Glasses/Googles are required
* Safety Shoes that meet the ANSI Z41 standard with a steel or composite toe are required
* Hearing protection is required as it is a loud working environment
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EOE/AA)
GKN Aerospace Bandy Machining, Inc. is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an e-mail to Jean deCastro at Jean.deCastro@usa.gknaerospace.com or call 818-846-9020, ext. 101, to let us know the nature of your request.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)