This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY General laborers for job sites in Durham, NC and Charlotte, NC
The laborer's function is to perform all job related assignments as assigned by the Job Superintendent. The Laborer is directly responsible to the Job Superintendent for the proper discharge of his duties. Examples of some of the job tasks and work activities are listed as follows (but are in no order of priority, not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to describe minimum activities):
* Assist in material handling and storage of materials, i.e., carry materials to appropriate areas on the job in preparation for installation.
* Perform other general labor duties given by Superintendent and/or foreman.
* To assist in bringing items to Superintendent and/or foreman or other laborers, i.e., hand powered equipment, etc.
* Assist in maintaining clean job site.
* Pick up all the tools, equipment and assist in maintaining a secure jobsite each dat.
* Prepare to perform job related assignments promptly at designated start time.
* To perform daily tasks in a safe and workman like manner in accordance with company policies
* Handling and Moving Objects - Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things. Fabricate, assemble or disassemble manufactured products by hand.
* Performing General Physical Activities - Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
* Apply caulking and sealants
* climb ladders and scaffolding
* erect scaffold
* move or fit heavy objects
* install or replace glass in windows, skylights, or other structural surfaces
* load, unload and handling of glass, framing, panels, granite and other products within project scope.
Adhere to safety procedures
Experience in the construction industry; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Pre-employment Drug Screen Test is required. Employer utilizes E-Verify.