This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
Advanced Disposal Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
The General Laborer is responsible for safely and efficiently performing general labor duties. Responsibilities may include such things as yard clean-up, fueling vehicles and equipment, general vehicle operation, general office maintenance and other related duties
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Clean up work areas
* Fuel vehicles and equipment
* Clean track on track type and related equipment
* Perform yard work, including mowing and paper pick up
* Operate general site vehicles and equipment, such as pickup trucks, sweepers, etc.
* Direct traffic at the site as necessary in a polite and friendly manner
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to adapt to work environment and schedule
* Ability to follow through and solve problems as they arise
* Ability to follow company policy and procedures as set forth by the company
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Years of Experience: 1
Must possess a valid driver's license
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
* Company information systems
* Vehicle diagnostic equipment
* Tools and equipment used for collection services
* Two way radio
* Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
* May be exposed to solvents, chemicals and refuse
* May be exposed to other risks associated with working around machines, tools, and trucks
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Ability to operate trucks and other equipment as needed
* Ability to frequently lift or carry containers, recycling bins, or loose materials to truck; which may result in twisting, pulling, pushing and bending, depending on the material and collection vehicle type
* Ability to climb, bend or stand for an extended period of time. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 50 pounds
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled