General Laborer - Fabricator- GER01913
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Perform a variety of simple to moderately complex material handling and machine operator duties, as assigned to service and perform shearing, bending, receiving, shipping, warehousing. Duties & Responsibilities
* Assist with bending, shearing and loading of rebar.
* Clear sheared materials from storage racks, supply stock length rebar for cutting operations, receive and position steel bundles on stock shear racks.
* Operate hand-held, pendant controlled overhead crane and forklift
* Report faulty material, improper operations, and unusual conditions to supervisor
* Position will require exposure to heat, cold, wet and/or humid conditions, vibration and industrial manufacturing noise.
* Scan stock and outbound reinforcing steel
* Load trailers with completed reinforcing steel materials
* High School diploma
* Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
* Ability to stand 8 hours
* Forklift and crane experience is a plus
Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.