This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
WS Packaging Group Inc.
The Packer is responsible for processing orders in a timely manner to ensure all customers requirements are met.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Reads and understands Factory order to ensure all specifics are followed for a particular order.
* Pack order per the standard corporate packing procedures.
* Properly fill out order and additional paperwork to allow others to ship in computer.
* Process order in the computer as necessary generating all necessary shipping documents.
* Shrink-wrap skids.
* Take back empty skids and excess cartons from rewind area.
* Keep skid and carton area clean and organized replenishing as necessary.
* Receive in the computer inventory jobs coming from the rewind area.
* Work at the shipping table, rewind table, and rewind machines as time allows for additional cross-training.
Duties may be change or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Quality conscious and customer focused.
* Self-directed individual with outstanding decision making and problem solving skills.
* Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10 s and 100 s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software including Outlook and have the ability to learn company specialized software programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
WS Packaging Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.