This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
WS Packaging Group Inc.
Oak Creek, WI
The General Laborer performs all tasks involved in the production of W/S Packaging products. They will be responsible in assisting press operators in accordance with the printing specifications and customer requirements/expectations for pre and post press operations.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Performs work as assigned by department supervisor
* Support pre and post press operations with the production team
* Assist in washing plates and anilox rolls by hand and by using the proper washing machines
* Assist with change overs and follow SOPs
* Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
* Practice & sustain Lean Manufacturing and 6S procedures
* Meet attendance standards and follow all WSPG policies and procedures
* Maintain communication at all times with production team
* Standing and lifting throughout the day.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Strong written/verbal interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to read, write, and comprehend instructions and SOPs
* Ability to manage multiple tasks in an organized manner
* Strong initiative, problem-solving, and resourcefulness
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume and distance.
Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. May, on a continuous basis, stand for a long period of time and stoop and kneel frequently. May handle, feel and reach for items in and around press area, also write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting and/or move up to 50 lbs. may be required. Vision: close vision, distance and color vision to distinguish color variations, peripheral and depth perception as well as the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Must be able to work overtime as required by workload and customer mandated deadlines. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WS Packaging Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.