General Maintenance Mechanic - VDOTADM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
U.S. Facilities, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONU.S. Facilities, Inc., a consolidated building maintenance services company, is currently accepting resumes for the position of General Maintenance Mechanic.
The General Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing preventive, corrective and general maintenance and repairs. Operates and can maintains all mechanical and electrical building systems and equipment that supply the building with heat, power, ventilation, air conditioning, and/or refrigeration, and any other support systems, including general building mechanical repairs and alterations (plumbing, carpentry, minor furniture moves, ceiling tile replacements, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs a variety of service work in one or more specialized building systems such as mechanical, electrical / plumbing, relamping/lighting repairs, hydraulics, or machine servicing, etc.
* Repaired locks and installed doors and windows using various types of hardware
* Adjust and replace hardware, install and repair locks, change tumblers and maintain combinations
* Install and repair electronic openers and security locking devices
* Must work in the capacity as helper to other co-workers.
* Plans, selects, and lays out required materials for service and repair work.
* Requisitions for new supplies and equipment.
* Cleans up flooded areas of the building. Assist in snow removal where required.
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
* Complies with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
* Performs painting, carpenter and maintenance tasks such as remodeling, building, fabricating, or repairing.
May be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth above to address business needs and changing business practices.
* Must have HS diploma
* Must have minimum 5yrs work experience
* Must be qualified and knowledgeable in operation & installation of Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Carpentry, Locks and mechanical equipment
* Team player with a strong work ethic.
* Must have a history of safe work practices and training.
* Must possess basic computer skills
* Must be able to communicate effectively with Management, our customers, contractors and co-workers.
* Must have a willingness to learn new skills and assist co-workers.
* Valid Driver's License.
Fingerprinting and backgrounding screening are required.